Topic: phrasal verbs
Idioms with Body Parts
Use the correct verb in its
correct form in the sentence
|keep an eye on ···
mouth off ··· head
|foot the bill ···
point the finger at ···
|stick (your) neck out
··· slap on the wrist
··· knuckle under
|give the cold shoulder
- Jim's insurance company wouldn't cover the storm damage, so he
had to ___________ for a new roof.
- Marta had been angry at Sofia for a long time, so when she saw
Sofia at the party, she ____ her _________.
- I left to get some water and when I came back, Ken had come in
and ______________ my desk looking for something.
- Ted knew the settlement was unfair, so he refused to
___________ to the lawyer's proposal.
- The Argentinian team's midfielder ______________ a bit too long
to the referee so he gave him a red card.
- Dan was the only one working in the office that night, so it
was easy to ______________ him for the robbery.
- I'm going to make the baby his bottle. Would you mind
____________ him, please?
- Most people think that since he is a senator's son, the judge
______________ by just giving him a fine.
- Chris has been my friend for 25 years, so I _________________
to defend him anytime.
- It's almost 10 o'clock, so it's time we ______________
to show/hide answer key
- foot the bill
- gave (her) the cold shoulder
- was nosing around
- knuckle under
- mouthed off
- point the finger at
- keeping an eye on
- slapped him on the wrist
- would/will stick my neck out
- headed home
copyright © Lexica Language